Raimy Fellows, Jefferson Leaders Head to Washington
Scholars to discuss their work with Congressional representatives, D.C. think tanks
Erie, Pennsylvania (May 18, 2022) – The Raimy Fellows of the Jefferson Educational Society and its Civic Leadership Academy are headed to Washington, D.C. for a two-day series of meetings with federal government representatives and national think tank leaders on Thursday, May 19 and Friday, May 20.
The Fellows who completed the Raimy Fellowship curriculum, including individual research projects are:
• Joe Cuneo, Marketing & Communications, Erie Insurance
• Susannah Faulkner, Director of Development, Sisters of Saint Joseph Neighborhood Network
• Jacob Marsh, Industry Relations Coordinator, Penn State Behrend
• Sara Provencio, Pennsylvania attorney
• Jeff Styborski, Sr. IT Administrator, Erie Insurance
• Jessica Taylor, Managing Partner, MenajErie
• Corinne Thomas, Clinical Team Leader, Erie County Department of Human Services
• Matt Wiertel, Director of Business Development, Velocity Network
• Brian Zona, Forensic Blended Case Manager, Barber National Institute
Dr. Andrew Roth, who directs the Jefferson's Raimy Fellowship program, will join the Fellows and Jefferson Educational Society administrators Angela Beaumont, Adam Welsh, and Ben Speggen in Washington. The group will visit Capitol Hill, U.S. Senators Bob Casey and other top Congressional leaders, the Bipartisan Policy Center, the Brookings Institution, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), and the Heritage Foundation.
“We are very proud of these Raimy scholars,” noted Jefferson President Ferki Ferati. “We have an ambitious agenda with government and private leaders and an excellent opportunity to get feedback and discuss our research on a number of issues.”
Roth has worked with several scholars since the Jefferson program was initiated in 2018. Their work combines practical civic engagement with leadership theory.
For comments about the trip, please contact:
Director of Programming,
Jefferson Educational Society