Lecturers at the Jefferson Educational Society
Department of Environmental Science & Engineering Gannon University
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (1997)
- M. S., Environmental Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (1994)
- M. A., Biology, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ (1974)
- B. A., Zoology, Duke University, Durham, NC (1969)
Gannon University, Erie Pennsylvania (1998 to present)
- Associate Dean, College of Engineering and Business
- Chair, Department of Environmental Science & Engineering
- Associate Professor, Department of Environmental Science & Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Pennsylvania, Virginia)
- Diz, H.R.2007. Microbial Production of Hydrogen from Sugar-rich Wastewater: Design and Operating Principles for Bioreactors Based on pilot-scale experience. Proceedings of the National Hydrogen Conference, San Antonio. March, 2007.
- Diz, H.R.. 2005. An Assessment of Sediment Contamination in Presque Isle Bay, PA, with Historical Comparisons. Journal of the Aquatic Ecosystem Health & Management Society 8(1): 21-32.
- Diz, H.R., Bruno, T., Hudson, J., and Katta-Muddanna, M. 2004. Sediment Transport Modeling of Mill Creek and Cascade Creek in Erie, Pennsylvania; Contract No. DACW49-03-P-0021. Report to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo District Office. August, 2004.
- Diz, H.R. & R. Johnson. 2002. Physical and Chemical Assessment of Presque Isle Bay Watershed Streams. Report to Erie County Conservation District and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. June, 2002.
- Murnock, J. & H. R. Diz. 2001. Distribution of Arsenic In Presque Isle, PA, Pond Sediments. Report to the Pennsylvania Sea Grant Program. November, 2001.
- Diz, H.R., J.T. Novak, J.D. Rimstidt. 1999. Iron Precipitation Kinetics in Synthetic Acid Mine Drainage. Mine Water and the Environment - Journal of the International Mine Water Association. 18(1):1-14.
- Diz, H.R. and J. T. Novak. 1999. Modeling Bio-Oxidation of Iron in a Packed-Bed Bioreactor. ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering. 125(2):109-116.
- Diz, H.R. and J. T. Novak. 1998. Fluidized Bed for Removing Iron and Acidity From Acid Mine Drainage. ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering 124(8):701-708.
- Diz, H.R. and G. D. Boardman. 1995. Removal of nutrients and ammonia from crab processing waters. in Waste Management and Byproducts Recovery for the Blue Crab (Callinectes sapidus) Industry. Virginia Sea Grant Program, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, pp. 319-437.
Professional Certification and Affiliation
Research Areas and Selected Publications: Biofuels production, industrial wastewater treatment, surface water quality: